Good morning readers! Feeling the need to procrastinate this Friday? Look no further than this round up of the blogosphere.
Recipes I want to try:
- Lemmonex has a recipe for breakfast quinoa that sounds really good. I’ve been eating quinoa all week and I now believe that its fluffy, soft texture is ideally suited for breakfast – it’s almost like a heartier cream of wheat. Lemmonex spices it up with berries, walnuts and honey.
- This is actually an update on last week’s roundup, where I mentioned I wanted to try the Three Alarm Tofu from Serious Eats. Well readers, I tried it, and it was amazing. Wonk the Plank doesn’t like tofu, and he doesn’t like spinach, and yet he loved this dish. Try it. You will not be disappointed.
- Orangette is making Every Day Cake. I would also like to make Every Day Cake.
And in non-recipe-related news:
- Young and Hungry reviews the baked goods from Marvelous Market. Maybe this only means something if you work in Dupont (or used to, like me), but I found their assessment (they’re not fans) to be utterly fascinating.
- Young and Hungry also believes that Mike Isabella, of Zaytinya, may be the next DCite to appear on Top Chef. Go DC!
- DCist reports that an IHOP may be opening in Columbia Heights. Did anyone else go to IHOP in college solely for the purpose of people watching? Or was that just me?
- WeLoveDC has a guide to maragaritas for Cinco De Mayo. I think WhyIHateDC should do a counter-guide – like a guide to the city’s worst margaritas, or the top five DC bars for Cinco De Mayo posers.